History has always amazed us and wont it be more interesting if you could actually visit those places which take you to an absolutely different era. World has had some amazing historical places out of which few are really worth travelling. Few of them are listed below :-
1. Angkor Wat, Cambodia – A UNESCO World Heritage Site that scientists are struggling to preserve, Angkor Wat,in Cambodia was built in roughly A.D. 1113 and 1150, encompassing an area of about 500 acres (200 hectares). Angkor Wat is one of the largest religious monuments ever constructed. With its name meaning the “Temple City”, this was Originally built as a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu, and was converted into a Buddhist temple in the 14th century and buddhist statues were added. Sometime later it was turned into a military fortification. Although visitors to Angkor Wat numbered in just the few thousands at the time, the landmark now welcomes some 500,000 visitors each year—many of whom arrive early in the morning to capture images of the sunrise over what still is a very magical, spiritual place.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Cambodia. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in
2.Cairo, Egypt – Located in the northeast of the country on the banks of the Nile, Egypt’s capital Cairo has become a tourist spot in recent years, all thanks to its great architecture, culture, and great weather. While you are in Cairo, your experience will be like you taking a walk through history, back to the age when Cleopatra bathed in milk. Don’t miss the Pyramid of Giza, the oldest there, dating back to 2550BC, and one of the seven wonders of the Ancient world.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Egypt. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in
3. Machu Pichu, Peru – Machu Picchu is an unusual, well-covered-up, and a great city in Peru, which is a superb remainder of the Incan Empire and dates back to 1462 AD. Rediscovered in the year 1911, the city has its own must-sees that include Temple of the Sun, Room of the Three Windows and Intihuatana Stone. This amazing city has takes us back to the civilization that had been there and seen it all even before we understood archeology.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Peru. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in
4. Petra, Jordan – Also known as the ‘Rose city’ because of its stunning architecture carved out in pink sandstone, Petra is home to over 800 ancient structures including buildings, tombs, baths and temples. Believed to have been established in 312 B.C, Petra in Jordan has been enthralling travellers even before it was declared a World Heritage Site in 1985. Overall an ancient marvel, the water conduit systems of this ancient archeological city will leave you amazed.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Jordan. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in
5. Chichen Itza, Mexico – Mexico is one of the best destinations in the world for those seeking to explore ancient ruins and uncover traditions that date back millennia.
Chichen Itza is especially a must-see hub for history lovers because it stands as a fusion of the Mayan and Toltec civilisations. Chichen Itza will astound you with its numerous elaborately decorated, highly intricate ceremonial structures like temples, pyramids, and royal palaces and the city is an UNESCO World Heritage site.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Mexico. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in
6. Athens, Greece – One of the cradles of civilization, Greece is a land of mystery and mythology where Athens is one such place where you can step back in time and appreciate the ancient Greeks’ knowledge, skills, and innovations. From the legends of the Gods to the feats of the ancient heroes in Athens, Sparta and Olympia, there is a lot to be learned in this Mediterranean gem. Few not to be missed places in Greece The temple of Athena Nike, Theatre of Dionysus, The Odeon of Pericles, Panathinaiko Stadium, Hadrian’s Library, The Ancient Agora, The Roman forum, and last but not the least UNESCO listed Acropolis.
Stay Connected and Mobile in Greece. Buy a Sim Card from www.simcardsonline.in